These peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chips cookies are chewy, nutty and really decadent with small pools of melted chocolate throughout. Plus it’s a no chill recipe so you’ll be able to enjoy freshly baked cookies in no time at all!
- 320g oats (4 cups)
- 90g all-purpose flour (⅔ cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 160g natural smooth peanut butter*(10 tbsp or 5.5 oz)
- 170g butter (1 ½ sticks or 6 oz), diced and softened to room temperature
- 300g light brown sugar (1 ½ cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200g semisweet chocolate (around 52% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- Make the cookie dough. Mix the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Using a hand mixer (or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment) beat the peanut butter, butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy, about 1 min. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again until well blended, about 30 sec. Add the dry ingredients and mix using a spatula or wooden spoon until just incorporated. Stir in the chopped chocolate. The dough should be rather soft and slightly sticky. Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F)**. Line 3 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Bake the peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Roll the dough into smooth balls between your hands (about 1 big heaped tbsp of dough per cookie), placing 6 to 7 per baking tray with plenty of space between them. Flatten each ball slightly. Bake, 1 baking tray at a time, until the edges and top of the cookies are beginning to turn golden brown, 12 to 14 min. Let cool on the baking tray for 10 min, until the cookies firm up then transfer them onto a cooling rack.
* natural peanut butter only contains peanuts & salt and will split while stored. Stir it with a spoon to get the texture back to normal before measuring. If you use regular peanut butter (with added sugar, oil, etc) you should probably decrease the amount of light brown sugar used in the recipe, unless you have a very sweet tooth.
** 155°C (310°F) if using a convection oven
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 297
Keywords: no chill cookie dough, simple peanut butter cookies