This tuna cream cheese dip is so good you’ll want to spread it on everything! You don’t even need to turn on the oven or the stove so it’s perfect for hot summer days.
- 110g canned tuna packed in olive oil, drained weight (4 oz)
- ⅔ tsp fine sea salt
- ⅓ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 3 parsley sprigs
- 225g whipped cream cheese (8 oz or 1 cup)
- 1 tsp green curry paste or 2 tsp green curry powder (optional)
- Drain and flake the tuna. Drain the can of tuna but save 1 tbsp of the oil. Pour that tablespoon of oil into a mixing bowl. Add the tuna, salt and black pepper. Break up the tuna into flakes with a fork.
- Chop everything up. Peel the garlic cloves and shallot. Pick off the parsley leaves from the sprigs. Finely chop everything and add to the bowl. Stir with the fork.
- Mix! Add the whipped cream cheese to the tuna mixture in two batches, mixing well after each addition. Try to be gentle to keep the cheese light and airy. Add the green curry, if using, and combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Scrape into a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until needed.
The tuna cream cheese dip will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you want to serve the cream cheese dip on toasted slices of bread, don’t spread it on the slices too much in advance otherwise the bread will lose its crispiness.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 47
Keywords: cold french appetizers, tuna spread, fish rillettes