Nothing can beat the combination of salty tuna, sweet shallots, creamy cheese and spicy green curry. This tuna dip is so good you’ll want to spread it on everything! You don’t even need to turn on the oven or the stove so it’s the perfect appetizer during hot summer days.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 160g canned tuna in olive oil (1 cup), drained save for 1 tbsp of oil
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 280g whipped cream cheese (10 oz)
- ½ tsp green curry powder or 1 tsp green curry paste (optional)
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and shallot, then set aside.
- Put the canned tuna with 1 tbsp of its olive oil in a mixing bowl and break up into flakes with a fork. Lightly season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the chopped garlic, shallot and parsley to the mixing bowl and combine.
- Add the whipped cream cheese to the tuna mixture in two batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the green curry powder or paste to the tuna dip and combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Scrap into a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
The tuna dip will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 big tbsp
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 4g
Keywords: tuna spread, french rillettes, tuna rillettes