This Turkish yogurt dip for chips is smooth, tangy and refreshing. It is simplicity itself and can be made in seconds!
- 450g Turkish süzme yogurt (2 cups or 1 pound), or use full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp aleppo pepper (pul biber), or use another kind of chili flakes
- 3 tsp dried thyme leaves (kekik)
- 3 tsp dried mint leaves (kuru nane)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine the ingredients. In a mixing bowl whisk together the yogurt, chili flakes, dried herbs and salt. Taste and adjust the seasoning adding a bit more spices or salt if you find it necessary but keep in mind that the chips will be salted too.
- Scrape into a serving bowl. Garnish with extra chili flakes and a drizzle of olive oil if desired. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.
The dip will keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: ¼ of the dip
- Calories: 223
Keywords: no cook appetizer, turkish mezzes